The Oodnadatta Track:
A Complete Driving Guide
The only guide you'll ever need to explore one of outback Australia's best-loved outback tracks.
- Over 140 pages of content, including our famous super-detailed driving itineraries that people rave about.
- Features well-known and little-known destinations that many other guides miss (or don't know about at all).
- Includes exclusive done-for-you travel intineraries from 2 to 5 (or more) days PLUS extended side-trips.
- Extensive information on Aboriginal culture, European history, wildlife and geology.
- Covers options for travelling on after you're finished the Oodnadatta Track.
- Written by actual outback (Alice Springs) locals who've driven the route dozens of times over the past 25 years.
- Includes our detailed beginner's guide to vehicle preparation and packing guides, based on more than 20 years of living and working in Outback Australia.
Fuel stops, ATMs, up-to-date mobile phone coverage & more...
The Oodnadatta Track Complete Driving Guide includes information that often gets overlooked - especially if you're new to the outback.
Like which mobile phone service is best for this trip, is a satellite phone essential & what are the supermarkets like or do you need to take cash?
The guide gives you everything you need to take this iconic road trip with confidence.
Two options to choose from:
Travelling south to north (Marree to Marla)
If you're starting at the Flinders Ranges/Adelaide end.
Get the guide for only:
Travelling north to south (Marla to Marree)
If you're starting at the Northern Territory, Mt Dare or Simpson Desert end.
Get the guide for only:
Please note: the guides are instant download PDFs (not a hardcopy).
*You will be redirected to Payhip.com.
What do others say about our outback driving guides?
“What a great reference – thanks for the detailed info! I am planning a trip with my 5 year-old son in late September/October this year and will drive from Sydney and spend at least 4 weeks traveling this area. I am so looking forward to it although was hesitant at first travelling alone with my little man but I’ve read a lot and have replaced the concern with excitement! I’m taking my small hatchback so it’s great to know I’ll still be able to access most places. Thanks again!”
- Alison -
“Hi,Thank you very much for your guide ! Very helpful !
I travelled the Red Centre last December and your information were very useful. It was a real change of scene for a Frenchie ;-)…
Thank you. All the best, ”
- Kristof -
Amanda, you gem! I’m planning this road trip currently and this page is the most useful and informative I have come across. THANK YOU ?"
Coming soon at: